(Formerly known as DirSync for SkyDrive)
SkyIDsync provides organizations with the ability to synchronize their Active Directory identities with Microsoft accounts, facilitating access to SkyDrive – ending the need to provide on-premises home drives.
It also allows organizations to standardize on Windows 8 and automatically create Microsoft accounts that can be used for the Windows Store.
- Use existing logon names to create Microsoft accounts
- Limit Microsoft account creation to a specific group of users
- New Microsoft accounts are created automatically based on a pre-defined synchronization schedule
- Delete Microsoft accounts when deleting Active Directory users
- Generate random passwords for Microsoft accounts or set one of your own choosing
- Disable users in Active Directory without deleting their Microsoft accounts
SkyIDsync is currently available and can be downloaded here, with an introductory price of $495 US until March 31 (+20% annual support – optional after the first year).
The free trial mode will only synchronize 10 users.
NOTE: SkyIDsync does not connect to, or provide any services for Office 365 or SkyDrive Pro. SkyIDsync only works with the consumer services provided by Microsoft accounts.
For answers to some common questions please read our SkyIDsync FAQ.
Interested in offering SkyIDsync to your clients? Click here.